Friday, April 23, 2010

Just Picture It!

Thousands Still Displaced As Recovery Efforts Continue In Haiti
Are you like me? I’m always highlighting passages in my Bible and making notes in the margin. These notes can make for interesting reading when I reflect back on what God was saying to me at the time.


For example, it was on the back page of an old Bible I used in the 70s, that I ran across a note that says “Luke 6:38 – When we give to God, He gives to us.”

The scripture reads; “Give and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, they will pour into your lap. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.”

The first word in Luke 6:38 is “GIVE.” The word GIVE is a prerequisite – you have to do that for the promise contained in the verse to take place. You have to GIVE first in order for anything to be given back to you. If you want God to give to you, you have to give to Him. If you give Him everything, He will give back to you, not only in the same measure that you gave to Him, but above and beyond, He will pour out to you abundantly!

Test Him. Place your faith in the Lord by giving Him everything and watch Him give back to you far more than you gave to Him. Just picture it - You won’t have enough lap to hold all that God is going to pour out on you!

No comments: