Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Can You Wrap Your Mind Around This?

close-up of a model of the human brain
An unbelievable course of events had taken place. Jesus Christ died on the cross and on the third day His body was gone from the tomb, but His burial clothes lay undisturbed. A large number of His disciples actually saw Him and talked with Him; on the road, in a room... It staggered the minds of His disciples and they struggled to piece together what was happening.

Actually, before He was put to death, Jesus told them all that was going to happen, but they couldn’t wrap their minds around it. I think we are often like that. We have God’s Word, but sometimes we find it hard to wrap our minds around what it’s saying to us.

A case in point is Jesus’ teaching about giving the Holy Spirit to those who believe in Him. “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you…Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.” John 14:26-27.

When Jesus ascended to the Father, the Holy Spirit was sent to live in those who accepted Jesus’ death on the cross for their sins. If you are a Christian, have you thought about the POWER that lives within you? It’s hard to wrap your mind around it, isn’t it?

Do you realize that with all that power, God expects you to use it for good? That puts the power of God in your hands to reach out to friends and enemies alike with God’s LOVE.

Can you wrap your mind around this and purpose to show God’s love?
“I will extend God’s love to those I know, those I meet, those I’m estranged from, those in my family, those in my neighborhood, those I work with, those I live with, those I go to Church with. I will extend God’s love to my enemies as well as those I love. I have the power of God living in me to do good and I will!"

No comments: